Turning Coffee Leftovers into a Body Scrub
- Coffee grounds can be upcycled into an exfoliating scrub for your face and body, to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Exfoliating your scalp with coffee grounds can help remove product buildup and dead skin cells. Additionally, some studies have found that the caffeine used in coffee grounds may stimulate hair growth.
- Coffee grounds may help reduce the appearance of cellulite by breaking down fat deposits and increasing blood flow to the affected area.
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Mix together the coffee grounds and brown sugar.
- Melt the coconut oil, allow it to cool, then stir it in.
- Transfer the scrub into a glass jar.
- Use the scrub in the shower or bathtub 1 to 2 times per week. You will probably need to use 3 to 4 tablespoons (30 to 45 g) total in order to exfoliate your entire body. Focus on the areas that have cellulite. Coffee scrubs tend to be harsher than other types of scrubs, so limit yourself to once or twice per week.
- Store the scrub in the fridge and use it within 2 weeks. The scrub may last longer than that, but if you notice it starting to look or smell off, you should discard it.